What's new

megladon tooth?

rootdigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2007
Messages
82
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Can anyone positively i.d. this tooth? I'm thinking megladon, got it in a yard sale with some other rocks and possible celt, Thanks!!
 

Attachments

  • tooth 001.webp
    tooth 001.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 958
  • tooth 004.webp
    tooth 004.webp
    84 KB · Views: 940
  • tooth 009.webp
    tooth 009.webp
    95.3 KB · Views: 928
  • tooth 003.webp
    tooth 003.webp
    73.4 KB · Views: 937
From all the meg's I have seen or found it sure looks like a well weathered meg to me. It has that heavy root. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • my fossils 371.webp
    my fossils 371.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 916
  • my fossils 371.webp
    my fossils 371.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 923
  • my fossils 373.webp
    my fossils 373.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 915
Think you meant to say megalodon, right? Giant shark?
 
yep, you knew what I meant,, lol thanks fer the info..
 
Definitely a Meg. I've got one somewhere that's about 3.5" long, meaning the fish that it belonged to was almost 40 feet long. I'll have to see if I can find it and post some pics. I have a few that are longer, but they are fragments; not a complete tooth. They indicate a 40'+ shark.
 
Its a meg. My wife and I spent a month in Venice Florida this winter and found quiet a few megs, diveing in 30 feet of water. The biggest was five and a quarter inches.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom