What's new

Melt value of silver coins

Dan Hughes

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
472
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
With the high value of silver now (32.66 per ounce at close Friday, Feb 18), here are melt values:

Silver Dime: $2.36
Silver Quarter: $5.90
War Nickel: 1.83

--Dan, http://treasuremanual.com
 
Wow. Some reason I just can't imagine melting down old silver coins when they are getting harder and harder to find. Sentimental I guess.

Al
 
Ya silvers getting harder to find and the dollars you get for them isn't buying much these days. I'll just keep mine. Rick
 
IF you have no computer access, you can easily figure the X face value of any U S silver coin. Just multiply .273 times the going silver price. Now the silver dollar has more silver in it by weight compared to the dime, quarter, and half, so just add 7% to you X face value.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom