What's new

Met an ANGEL @ the bank yesterday!

Reverend B*IKE*

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
389
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am waiting for the teller to empty the machine while Dumping my halves. In walks this women with a few loose bags of coins. She notices the machine being emptied and decides to get more bags of loose change from her car. In the meantime I kinda nudge one of the bags and start to notice its loaded with Wheaties!! I mention its a darn shame your dumping all those wheaties in the machine.
She said I know but I just didnt feel like counting them and turns to me and said here "go thru the bag and grab all the wheaties you want." I am kinda embarressed cause all the tellers are looking and chatting away. Muttering "look at that grown man picking thru her bags for pennies" or something to that effect?? The tellers must already hate me for dumping there! The kicker is this ANGEL wouldn't take any money for all the wheaties we were sorting. She joined in and was helping me sort and filling up her pockets as well. IT turns out I got about 3-400 hundred with about a dozen Canadians and she must of got about 200. I offered numerous times for some sort of compensation but to no avail. I did manage to find out where she works and will do a little something as a gesture later on. What a sweetheart!! She mentioned that "it was meant to be!" How do you like that attitude! There are some good people left in this world!
 
Upvote 0
That was really very nice of her....

Since you know where she works, send her some flowers...maybe even show up with the flowers and take her to lunch...


Remember: A stranger is just a friend you haven't made yet! I think you may have a new friend on the horizon! :)
Annmarie
 
i did the same thing before only with halves. It's such a rush isn't it? Here you are, not wanting to take up anyone's time (tellers and the lady included) but you want to get as many as you can and are working vigorously through searching. Again, what a rush, and congrats!
 
FingerGrime said:
Wow!
Did she explain why she was dumping all those wheats?
Yes she did! She had them in a glass lamp for over 40 plus years just kept adding nice coins in it thru the years. And fell right on my lap!
 
Congrats on your wheatie score. :thumbsup: I have the same problem while dumping at my banks. People line up behind me with a small bag and can't help but think what it could contain. I asked a man once and he said just everyday change, no silver. Not a bad idea to ask though. :thumbsup:
 
You need to shower her with some gratitude, even if it costs you more...say 2 cents for every wheat, round it up to the nearest $5, and turn it into a grocery store card or something. This world is so full of angry people, and you found one of the few good ones who are left. She deserves a reward.

Good score!
 
Any interesting wheats? I've only once had a similar experienc. A girl was dumping about $700 in change into a sorter and wasn't a CRH! I got a couple dollars in wheats plus a number of foreign silver including a 1937 Nazi Swastika coin. It was a strange mix I got that day but alas haven't stumbled into that kind of luck again. Made me want to work at a bank...

Maine_Jim
 
if your single and she is sounds like a "dinner" date is in order --if you or she is not free at the very least a nice little gift of sorts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom