What's new

Metal detecting with permission

Jolly Roger Blue

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
41
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is customary when detecting a persons property? Finders keepers, 50/50, 50/40? What is a good approach?
 
I just want the coins personally. I make sure they know that there not that valuable except to my collection. Most don't want the relics.
 
Most people only want to see what you've pulled. I had one guy that asked if I found 2 older coins of the same style, that he's like the one of lesser value. I did have one old timer that wanted to split 50 50. He was looking in every hole I dug. after about 45 minutes, I just gave him everything and left. Hard to detect when the owner is in your way. I do tell them that if I find a cache, we split it 50/50 and I also ask if they lost any keys or jewelry and such before I start.
 
Correct, most people only want to see what you find. Anytime I go somewhere new I propose if I were to find a "treasure", like a wad of silver or gold coins, we split it 50/50 and nobody ever says a word about it. I have never dug a cache of silver or gold coins, and probably never will.
 
Agreed ahead of time. If it's 50/50:BangHead:
I get picks 1,3,5,7,9,etc
He gets 2,4,6,8,10, etc
Otherwise he gets one pick and I get the rest.
Marvin
PS, that's why I like parks and public property-------------------------I take all.:icon_thumleft:
 
Last edited:
Your hobby, your detector, your tools, your plugs, your trash...see where I'm going?
I got it in my mind that if anyone wants what I find, they can call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, and get their own gear.
 
Discount from Bart for the plug?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom