What's new

Metal detecting

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
2,280
Reaction score
2,110
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which is better to detect in, wet ground after it rains, or dry ground ? Or does it even matter ?
 
Wet ground , better signals imo :icon_thumleft:
 
Wet ground you will find targets deeper.
but Wet ground is a messy dig
 
Thanks, guess I'll be going out today
 
Wet ground conducts better.
 
Wet ground conducts better.

A better...

games_halo_header.jpg
 
Hi; Wet Ground any day. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB
 
Asking permission to old home sites, do most people care? I'm kind of new to the sport and a little embarrassed. I did fairly well at a Private school where I live. One day the superintendent was on the premises and I just got the nerve up to ask. He said sure but you might want to go by the swimming pool was built in the 1940's. I found 16 silver quarters and 27 mercury and Roosevelt dimes all silver and 2 silver nickels. I also found a 50-60 wheat pennies. Took 2 days to search. Will be going back. Only thing I get confused on are hits that say around 50-60 on my AT Garett Pro and when I dig they are pull tabs. Any advice on discrimination for tabs?
 
Dig the tabs!! Very soon, one of them will turn out to be a ring!! By the way, you did very good at the pool!! Not many newbies can say they dug that much silver in two days!! Welcome to TNET!!:thumbsup:
 
wet is better.
 
If you're diggin---WET. If you can get your kid or your significant other to dig, it just don't matter...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom