What's new

Miami Beach

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
732
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me the laws for metal detecting in the Miami beach or key Biscayne area? Can one hunt in the water or just high to low tide?
 
Upvote 0
I have hunted South Beach a few times and had no problems.I don't know if there are any laws about hunting Miami Beach,but I have not seen any signs concerning detecting at South Beach.I usually find a few dollars in clad there. I wish that I had more time to hunt there,when I'm in Miami,as there a lot of people enjoying the beach and water.Good luck.
 
You can hunt in the water on both beaches no problem, on Key Biscayne the parking is the problem, be sure you don't park in a hotels parking lot unless staying there or you will be towed..
 
South Beach Area = Free Parking on Ocean Blvd till 9am...
 
You can hunt in the water on both beaches no problem, on Key Biscayne the parking is the problem, be sure you don't park in a hotels parking lot unless staying there or you will be towed..

TH is right. also toll to get on Key Biscayne is $1.75 and parking on Hobie beach is free but beyond that like Crandon Park some days its free others about $5. I always ask the rangers at the booth if its OK to metal detect and they haven't said no but I always ask anyway. They always say stay way from any foliage like sea oats and grass and lately on ranger added if you dig a hole please fill it back up.
 
TH is right. also toll to get on Key Biscayne is $1.75 and parking on Hobie beach is free but beyond that like Crandon Park some days its free others about $5. I always ask the rangers at the booth if its OK to metal detect and they haven't said no but I always ask anyway. They always say stay way from any foliage like sea oats and grass and lately on ranger added if you dig a hole please fill it back up.
I HAD A COUPLE OF FRIENDS WALK ON THE BEACH AT THE kEY B. STATE PARK AND TOLD THEY COULDNOT HUNT - THEY WERE HEADING TO THE WATER AND GOT TOLD NO WAY - GUESS THERE WAS A NEW HEAD RANGER IN TOWN AND HE DID NOT WANT TO ALLOW IT - MAYBE THINGS ARE DIFFERENT AGAIN NOW
IVE GOTTEN SOME NICE GOLD THERE MYSELF A FEW YRS BACK - OTHER THAN THAT - ITS OPEN SEASON YEAR ROUND - MIAMI AREA BEACH BEEN VERY VERY GOOD TO ME
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html
 
Thanks for the info. Went there today. Lots of clad, a bracelet and one gold earing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom