What's new

Minelab Excal 1000 back from the Dealer...

Skipper

Full Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
165
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
I just purchased a used minelab 1000 on-line on eBay for $480.00. He stated to me that the unit came back recently from Minelab of Nevada, reconditioned and as new as the current "top of the line" models selling today. It was an older model with a "sword emblem on the side of it. (?) New head phones, buttons, battery pack, (not charged yet), and a new long shaft. A couple of manuals come with also.

I didn't know where to post this.....hope to get advise from others who know more about such a unit.

Did I get a good deal? UPS will deliver in a few days.... Can't wait to get it. Thanks for the input....

Skipper
 
Upvote 0
You may wish to call Minelab rep in LAS and give him the serial number of your MD, to verify if he, in fact, did the work the seller represented. From personal experience, Minelab in LAS has always given me top quality service.
Don........
 
Good news for me is that he states the serial number in the sale add and he is going to include the service receipt from the Dealer. I will have to check it out tommorrow.
For sure, these units are renounced as good quality...from what I've been reading on this site, Folks here are pleased with their results. I just hope I can master the settings and tones as well as others who have used them.
 
Skipper:
Somewhere on the Net is a site exclusively dedicated to Minelab owners and how to use their detectors most effectively. If you call the LAS dealer, he may be able to direct you to that site--as may someone else on this thread.
 
skipper ,want your $480 back ;)
 
I will keep it for now.... ;D

Just verified the reconditioning with customer service dept. in Nv. The Lady there confirmed the Gentlemans name and all service done. All is well so far. Hope to receive it soon so I can hit the beach. Awesome! I also found an owners web page that was suggested here. Good information! Downloaded the manual to.

Next is the chest mount or maybe the hipmount....undecided. ???
 
Update on a deal of good luck.....My shipment has been sent, I received a conformation and tracking number. The package has insurance.... and a signature is required. Good Lord I hate the waiting...lol. The USPS will be on my nerves for the next five (5) days....Oh, did I mention it will take five days....
(according to the post office....yes I called).
New long shaft, headphones , battery pack, and circuit recondition = new unit. Yesssssss!

I hope to be posting my finds soon! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Thanks for all the input.
 
yep....you got a good deal

i watched that on ebay as well...you got a good deal considering all the updating and service that went into the unit...you will find minelab service to be almost unmatched...

i have 2 of these excall 1000's and they are a great machine for surf, sand, and some even use them dry...

good luck and look foward to you finds...
 
Took nine days but I got it. Nicely wrapped in bubble wrap. Three books and a manual came with. (One is, Advanced Methods for Finding Gold in the Water with the Minelab Excalibur)., Charged the new battery.. Tested it in the yard with a gold ring....She works fine. I made a belt mount and need a few suggestions about how to secure the wires so as I don't snag them or rip them out.


Thanks for your input..

Skipper
 

Attachments

  • Better.webp
    Better.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 157

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom