What's new

Minelab Manticore and Polarized Sunglasses

joelab101

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Park Ridge
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Does anyone have a fix for using the Minelab Manticore while wearing Polarized sunglasses. The screen appears to have rainbows and dark spots. Do any of the aftermarket screen protectors such as having matte or anti glare correct this problem?
 
I wear them also and haven’t noticed an issue. Maybe it has something to do with the different tints available for polarized sunglasses. I’ll check and see what tint mine are and let you know. Maybe that will help.
 
I quit using polarized sunglasses for that same reason...not just the detector screens but any LCD screens including my phone is hard to see. I think the negatives outweigh the positives when it comes to polarized sunglasses. I have used high end polarized glasses too .. like Maui Jim, Oakley, and Ray Ban in various tints. I think the polarized glasses are great for fishing but not for looking at anything with an LCD screen!
 
I quit using polarized sunglasses for that same reason...not just the detector screens but any LCD screens including my phone is hard to see. I think the negatives outweigh the positives when it comes to polarized sunglasses. I have used high end polarized glasses too .. like Maui Jim, Oakley, and Ray Ban in various tints. I think the polarized glasses are great for fishing but not for looking at anything with an LCD screen!
Excellent for Fishing and seeing the fish hit the hook sometimes!
 
Excellent for Fishing and seeing the fish hit the hook sometimes!
Most definitely...but they presented the same issues that the O.P. mentioned with the MC screen, with the screens of the old LCD screens of the fish finders we used to use. Not sure if that is still an issue, or not, with the newer units, as I am not a boat owner anymore.
 
I wear them also and haven’t noticed an issue. Maybe it has something to do with the different tints available for polarized sunglasses. I’ll check and see what tint mine are and let you know. Maybe that will help.
Are you sure yours are polarized? Regular sunglasses are no problem. Polarized ones are where the issue lies...

Steve
 
You guys done it.... now I got fishing all in my head. I gotta go fishing.... lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom