Minelab XT 18000 problems.....

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought an XT, not working and checked the coil and it has some cut wires around the black plastic nut and seems to be making weird noises around the opened up perimeter of the coil. I have a new coil coming for it, but it is also making this screaming noise on "normal soil" setting, Just wondering what might be wrong there? I won't know anything until I get a working coil, just trying to get some ideas,? Possibly a bad switch? It seems to be ok on difficult soil and all other settings? Well, as best as I can check it, with a bad coil?.....
I am planning on trying to fix the broken coil later, just did not want to fool with it right now. Also might be in the market to buy another XT, just in case this one ends up being terminal and use this one for a parts machine, so if anybody has one to sell, please let me know? Thanks, Big Red

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't use it till you get the new coil. You might damge it if those cut wires touch each other.

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I found the cut wires, turned it off, but was using the unit to test for problems in the coil before that. Hopefully I did not damage the unit. My new coil will be here tomorrow, so wish me luck! Big Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread