Minelab Xterra Coils Breaking?

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Was going to hit a park this morning with the Xterra 70. Picked up my machine and noticed the coil was a little loose. Looked at it and the yoke bracket on the coil had broken. I haven't hit the coil on anything or mistreated the machine in any way. Don't have a clue how this happened. Wondering if it was a common problem?
I will be sending the coil of to get it replaced or repaired next week. Hopefully they will take care of it for me.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eighter you bumped something without notice or it had a small crack from the factory wich somehowe got bigger

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
wife backed over my coil with her wheelchair and cracked the coil where the bolt goes through. I went to Lowes and picked up 2 nylon washers and a tube of glue and put it back together. Been like this for over a year and still holding strong.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problems for me. At times I feel I'm a little rough on my coils as I tend to push them through sagebrush to get at the areas underneath.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread