More cow bell, 2 little silvers, bottles and stuff

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new area yesterday. Found so much I had to stop. Below are more of the exciting things. Love the cow bell!
032.jpg 033.jpg 035.jpg 036.jpg 037.jpg I don't know what this last thing is. This is the second one of these that I've found. The other one has an eagle on it. It reminds me of the old desk top bells they had at hotels. The inside has threads in that raised shank. Maybe it is the top part of a desk bell. Any ideas? 038.jpg 039.jpg
I have lots more to post from other hunts. I just don't get the time to organize it all. Thanks for looking.

Upvote 28

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very nice collection of finds Bodkin! I'm guessing you can't wait to get back to that spot and thoroughly grid it. The silvers are very nice, as are the collection of bottles. Great stuff.

Thanks Silvermonkey. Yeah, planned on going today but my wife reminded me we are taking a friend out to dinner tonight. How easy it is to forget something like that. As for gridding it, I'm still trying to come up with a plan to do so. The place is odd shaped and just a chunk of woods. I guess surveys tape will probably in order. Thanks!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site & hunt, nice bottles & silver, congrats. When you go back for the stones maybe consider a golfing pull cart if the terrain will allow, GL & HH

OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site & hunt, nice bottles & silver, congrats. When you go back for the stones maybe consider a golfing pull cart if the terrain will allow, GL & HH
I've been racking my brain on how to get the stones out. Golf cart won't work for sure and I'm trying not to draw too much attention to the place. They're not the giant ones I've seen but maybe 30" in diameter..? Being that there's 2, I may have to give one up for the help of bringing them both out. I'll post them when I get them. Thanks.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McGyver would figure what size/shape hole is in the middle, insert appropriate makeshift axle, have a buddy help roll them out! Can’t wait to see them! Good luck!
RJGMC

OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McGyver would figure what size/shape hole is in the middle, insert appropriate makeshift axle, have a buddy help roll them out! Can’t wait to see them! Good luck!
RJGMC
Thought about that. Too many rocks in the area and for sure they would chip or worse yet crack. My buddy says he's all about helping me get them out. Putting together a plan to synchronize our work schedules. In the next couple days I'll head back into the woods and get a GPS coordinate. With that I'll check the location out on Google earth to see exactly the straightest and least obstructed course. I know a quad or golf cart can't go in but we may be able to at least get a wheelbarrow close. If we get them out, it would be awesome. If we don't get hurt, it will be a miracle! Thanks RJGMC!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread