What's new

More good finds with new Deus settings!!

lowcountry

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the usual pounded spot and couldn't figure out why I was getting so much noise in the headphones. Then I realized the ground balance was the problem at 66....moved it up to 79 and bingo!!! Buttons, other odds and ends in the previously barren hunted out spot...I left the reactivity at 4 and was getting clear loud signals at 8 to 10 inches, so I don't think it affects the depth too much and I like the shorter crisper noise. Can anyone tell me if the decorative brass piece is the butt end of a pistol?? It was hotter than hell today but I bought a fishing vest last night and filled the pockets with ice packs.....very nice but still sweated like mad!! This spot will soon be developed into a shopping center and condos, so I am keeping a close eye on it for when they start to clear everything. Thanks for looking and I really enjoy looking at all your finds every day...might say I'm addicted :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • 20160723_200600.webp
    20160723_200600.webp
    438.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 20160723_200615.webp
    20160723_200615.webp
    312.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20160723_200626.webp
    20160723_200626.webp
    291.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 20160723_200640.webp
    20160723_200640.webp
    551.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 20160723_200654.webp
    20160723_200654.webp
    594.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 20160723_200713.webp
    20160723_200713.webp
    645.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 20160723_200719.webp
    20160723_200719.webp
    606.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 20160723_200736.webp
    20160723_200736.webp
    465.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 20160723_200754.webp
    20160723_200754.webp
    325.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 20160723_200816.webp
    20160723_200816.webp
    442.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 20160723_200835.webp
    20160723_200835.webp
    405.3 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 12
Looks like a good relic hunt! Keep at that place until the new building is built! :icon_thumleft:
 
First thing I thought was Gun Furniture. Your guess seems on track.
 
Fishing vest with ice!!! Man saying you are addicted is the understatement of the year.
 
Same area I found the silver fob seal, regiment of foot buttons and officer's sword handle...hoping for a cob!! :)
 
Holy crap. 66 is about as bad as I have ever seen the ground reading come up on the Deus. Looks like you had her tweaked pretty well!
 
Good job pulling more finds from an iron ridden spot.

I'm not sure what program you're running, but I've been having good luck in a similar location by tweaking my machine. After you're confident you've gotten it all, try reactivity 3 and put the silencer up to 0 or +1. I've been reading (and experiencing) that this helps unmask coins and good targets without losing depth.
 
Nicely done. I'm thinking about a few tweaks that I've seen in my Andy Sabisch book.
I have been logging all my hunts for a long time. It may be time to get back to some of those iron infested spots. Maybe when it cools down a bit.
I don't own one of those "Ice" fishing vests. lol
Congrats
 
Low country...nice job!

For clarification....did you have the ground balance manually set at 66, then switched it to align properly with what the XP was tracking? or was the machine tracking 66 and you switched it from 90 to 79?

Thanks
 
Low country...nice job!

For clarification....did you have the ground balance manually set at 66, then switched it to align properly with what the XP was tracking? or was the machine tracking 66 and you switched it from 90 to 79?

Thanks

Manually....so much iron in the ground I can't track.....moved up to 79 manually and it seems to work great!! Can't wait to try reactivity of 3 and silencer of 1....who knows what else might pop up!! :)
 
Oh ok thanks. So the machine was tracking 63-66 and you had to bump it manually from 66 to 79 to reduce chatter.

I'm still learning this machine myself, so I'm trying to make sure I understand what you meant....thanks.

As a side note, do you recall what the mineralization bar (right hand side of screen) was showing? Reason I ask is I have been on sites with low gb numbers but there was nothing showing on the mineralization bar, so I just left gb set on the factory default of 90.

Definitely let us know how increasing reactivity and lowering silencer works out on your site.
 
Very well done LC! Hopefully that cob will appear in one of the hole soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom