What's new

More privy finds from #4

halfdime

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
1,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Or so I've heard. Among the finds in my cousin's privy #4 was this monster clay marble, just the second of its size I've found. It's about the size of a large gumball, while most marbles are what you'd expect. No, it's not a Texas find, but given their reputation, this is probably what Texas marbles looked like . Other finds of interest today are a pair of lovely blues: a Milk of Magnesia and an octagonal Noxzema. Most interesting was a corked Listerine bottle, with vintage Listerine still inside! It was upside down, and the cork did yeoman's work for a long time to hold its cargo in. This particular privy appears to have been larger than the other three surrounding it; I still have more digging to do before I can begin the refill.
 

Attachments

  • badbreath 001 (Small).webp
    badbreath 001 (Small).webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 319
  • badbreath 002 (Small).webp
    badbreath 002 (Small).webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 307
  • badbreath 003 (Small).webp
    badbreath 003 (Small).webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 313
  • badbreath 004 (Small).webp
    badbreath 004 (Small).webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 318
  • badbreath 001 (Small).webp
    badbreath 001 (Small).webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 301
  • badbreath 002 (Small).webp
    badbreath 002 (Small).webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 315
  • badbreath 003 (Small).webp
    badbreath 003 (Small).webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 320
  • badbreath 004 (Small).webp
    badbreath 004 (Small).webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 309
Nice stuff, I found a couple of those Listerines before. Never a cobalt magnesia. Although I did find an 1873 CH Phillips bottle the predecessor to the cobalts. Keep at it and I hope to see more of your finds soon. :thumbsup: jgas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom