Mounting for the digital meter on a Sov

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Hey y'all. I love my Sov Elite, but I wanted the GT so I ponied up. The problem I encountered is with my Digital Meter. The Elite had it mounted over the S-curve by what looks like two rivets. The straight rod on my new GT has a place to mount it on the shaft no problem but how do I get the mounting bracket off the old Elite? Do I literaly have to take a ft screwdriver and take the head off of the rivets? I do not want to do this but I need the meter on the new detector. Also I think I have seen these meters mounted on the handle of the straight rods. That is also a option. Any info Sov users have would be appreciated. Thanks!!

i took one of those that bigtim is talking about and just superglued it lower on the shaft above the push points...out of the way and easily seen...

I'm probably too late to be of any help but to remove the pop-rivet, you use a drill that is a little smaller in diameter than the head of the rivet and drill out the center part of the rivet head. Be careful not to drill through the bracket though. Just drill enough to where the flat head separates from the rest of the rivet. Afterwards, you can relocate the bracket to where you want it and pop-rivet it back on. Kind of hard to describe but real easy to do.

On a side note.....I like to chest mount my control box and use the s-rod with the meter mounted on it.

HH, bottlebum

On the Sov,GT straight shaft there should be a mount already riveted to the shaft ,i just got a new Sov.GT with a Sun Ray search probe that slides on the mount just below the grip handle , on top of the search probe is another mount for a Digital meter ,i hip mount my control box Dd60

Deepdiger60 said:
On the Sov,GT straight shaft there should be a mount already riveted to the shaft ,i just got a new Sov.GT with a Sun Ray search probe that slides on the mount just below the grip handle , on top of the search probe is another mount for a Digital meter ,i hip mount my control box Dd60
My first GT that I bought a couple of years ago had the mount. My new one doesn't have it and when I called Minelab about it, I was told that I would get a call back within twenty four hours. Been over a month now and still have not heard back from them. I'm not surprised though. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back