What's new

Moving to Baltimore, MD. Any guidance and tips on getting started with finding artifacts and fossils?

umman_manda

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hi everyone. This is my first post to TreasureNet. I will be moving to Baltimore from North-Central Florida in June. I am always thrilled to find artifacts and fossils in the creeks or on the shores of the beaches and rivers. Does anyone have any guidance on how I can dive straight into my hobby in Baltimore/Maryland?
 
Here is a tip for you, don't go alone, watch your back and consider going armed.:dontknow:
 
Calvert Cliffs is the only spot I know in MD for fossils, mostly sharks teeth.
I use to go there as a kid. After a hurricane I saw a guy pulling Meg teeth like they were pennies on the floor. I found a prehistoric dolphin tooth there once. My friends found whale bones.
 
For what it’s worth, my sister went to Calvert Cliffs last week and did not find anything, save for one tooth a few millimeters long. She was doing the tourist thing, though, and was likely not scouring the beach like a hunter might.
Here is a tip for you, don't go alone, watch your back and consider going armed.:dontknow:
Armed against what? There are no bears in eastern Maryland anymore. Cougars and wolves are extinct. All you’re likely to do with a gun is frighten tourists at the beach, or aggravate the farmer on whose land you are probably trespassing.
 
Welcome to a great forum from Oregon!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom