What's new

Musket side plate?

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
2,183
Reaction score
3,209
Golden Thread
1
Location
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's brass and about two inches long as is-but pieces are broken off both ends and possibly the top.

20180506_203928.webp

20180506_203928.webp
 
Last edited:
I don't think there is enough there to tell. I wouldn't think side plate but maybe a trigger guard piece.
 
Upvote 0
Sideplates do not use countersunk screw heads. At least none I have ever seen.

Maybe a section of a toe-plate? Thought it appears to be unsymmetrical.

Your dimensions of "about inches long" is kind of vague.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sideplates do not use countersunk screw heads. At least none I have ever seen.

Maybe a section of a toe-plate? Thought it appears to be unsymmetrical.

Your dimensions of "about inches long" is kind of vague.

Sorry I meant to type "about two inches long;" I have corrected it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom