MXT or MXT All Pro?

TnTyrant

Jan 13, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am going to buy either an MXT and a 6x10 coil or a MXT All Pro that comes standard with the D2 coil. The mxt with a 6x10 will be 50 buck more than the MXT All Pro with the d2 standard. I have had a 6x10 on an mxt before and really liked it but have never had a d2 coil. And what are the differences in the MXT and MXT all pro besides the coils. I would also like to know the performace and weight differences in the 6x10 and the D2. Im leaning toward the All Pro but need to be helped a little with my decision. Thanks.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of the differences...back lit, seven tones, ground grab. I had an MXT Pro w/D2 & 6x10. The D2 was easily the deeper of the two and pinpointed very well, the 6x10 by far the more stable with better ID & less prone to emi. Also the 6x10 was lighter & much better balanced.

Between the two machines, I'd opt for the All Pro! The tones & ground grab alone are worth it IMO.

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the pro for the ground grab, light and tone options. I keep my standard MXT, because I am to cheap to buy a new one as it still does the job. D2 coil is an awsome coil for the detector.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd buy the MXTpro for the tone ID, I don't consider the ground grab or backlit display that big of a deal. The MXT has about the best tracking out there and is easy enough to take out of tracking lock to let it catch up(if your running with tracking lock on) and if your digging targets your going to have a light anyway. The tone ID sure would be nice so you don't have to stop and look at the display if your wanting to only dig certain VDI's, and the D2 coil is awesome for deep targets, running +2 gain I can get dimes at 10"+ with some that have been 12" before. HH

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go with the pro as well as I agree that the enhancements are useful, so why not? Just be aware that the enhancements won't give any noticeable increase in depth over the earlier MXTs when comparing equal settings and coils.
luvsdux

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had the MXT and its a good machine. I'm not up on the MXT Pro as much but seems to be an excellent machine. I gave my MXT to my son and later bought the M6 which I also like. It also has the 7 tone ID and the 6X10 works well on it also. I've heard the comparison by some that the M6 is an MXT without relic mode. Whichever you choose you can't go wrong.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which ever way you go I would get the Sef 6x8 coil. It is really good.

I bought the MXT pro with the 12 coil. Sure wish I had of bought the MXT All Pro instead but what can I say.

OP
OP
T

TnTyrant

Jan 13, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just bought the mxt all pro today it will ship out Monday. Gonna get me some new headphones next and a rechargeable battery. Any suggestions?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites ProStars are really nice. I'm using Grey Ghost now and they're good too.

Congrats on the MXT AP. It's a great machine.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I just bought the MXT Possible with the 12" and wish it had come with a smaller coil. The D2 supposedly rocks! The Pro has multiple ID tones, which I enjoy. The backlit VDI is great as I tend start hunting before sunrise sometimes and it really comes in handy under beach crossovers etc. Id definitely go with the All Pro !

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Just bought the mxt all pro today it will ship out Monday. Gonna get me some new headphones next and a rechargeable battery. Any suggestions?

I just bought a pair of Gray Ghost Originals and love them. I use them with my MXT Pro and they sound awesome. What I really like is that they don't feel like they're about to fall off, but aren't too tight either - great fit and one volume knob......just perfect.

I got mine through RB Detectors and with shipping Russ hooked me up with the best deal I could find. Had them in days too.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread