What's new

My Best Buffalo

  • Thread starter Thread starter free2Dtect
  • Start date Start date
F

free2Dtect

Guest
Here is one of my Buffalo's, glad the dates still on it.
 

Attachments

  • Cutout Nickel.webp
    Cutout Nickel.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 699
Upvote 0
that is nice. Buffalos with dates , are hard to come by. Is there a MINT MARK ?
 
NICE BUFFALO. 1916 SEEMS TO BE A POPULAR YEAR.FOUND THREE MYSELF. LIKE THE PROFILE PIC. BETTER THOUGH ;)
 
new england might have some of the oldest coins, but Montana sounds like gold diggers paradise ;)
 
jeff of pa said:
that is nice. Buffalos with dates , are hard to come by. Is there a MINT MARK ?

How can that be true? I've got about 40 buffalos and all but a couple have dates. I admit, I really don't know much about them other than digging them up. Is it really so rare?
 
Well, you tell me... I didn't think much of these, but who knows?
 

Attachments

  • buffalos.webp
    buffalos.webp
    82.1 KB · Views: 611
Like the Standing Liberty Quarters, The EARly ones wore Off quickly . they eventually fixed that. From what I see of yours, the ones I can read in your photo are from the 30's
 
Hey, now that's something you might be able to asnwer for me. I've got a standing liberty with no date. When did they "fix" the date wearing problem? (Just so I can make an approximate date for this coin for my own knowledge)

Thanks everybody!
 
1925 IF it Don't have Stars under the Eagle It is either a 1916 or a 1917 type 1? if it has stars it's either 1917 type 2 or a pre 1925 IF NO DATE
 
I found a really nice 1936 and wanted to see how long it took to wear out, so I put it in with my pocket change. After about 10 years the date was almost unreadable. Then I accidentally spent it in a coffee machine.
 
Oh my gosh! Now that's a long term experiment. :o I'll be looking for your nickel.
 
Boy, two bad decisions in one day-spending the nickle and buying cending machine coffee :'(
 
PJB, I see you have some '37 Buffalos there. Might want to check to see if you got lucky and found yourself a three legger. :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom