What's new

My best confederate day of detecting so far

deerhuntinghippie

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
290
Reaction score
493
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ridge just keeps producing.
Lee and I got up early and went back to what we are calling Confederate Ridge.
Given the number of hours we've spent on this property, we've pulled a substantial amount of relics so far.
Also, I'm curious as to what you folks think of the intro. My wife and I went out and film a bunch of B-roll footage specifically for this video. The hardest part was finding the right royalty free music. Let me know if you think it flows nicely. I'm trying very hard to become a better content creator.
https://youtu.be/B6NqrHclNTE

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
Upvote 2
Either way I like what I see. I have to get another go pro for sure. I think the intro was great
 
Congrats on your finds. I definitely prefer the photos over video links. I recently started a youtube channel for the fun of it, but I like sharing photos with TNet for some instant feedback and discussion. Love to see others finds too when I can take a break on the job; otherwise, no time to look at videos.
 
Ouch...
Since I started filming everything, I don't take many stills. Actually, I rarely take pictures of the things I find.
But you did bring up something I'd like to have an open and honest discussion about.

Why is there a stigma attached to videos? I mean, I could take an extra 5 minutes out of my day (which I have done in the past here) and snap a few pictures and post them with the video but why when I already have 15 hours of my time invested in the video?
I spend so much time trying to make each video better than the last. Why would I not want to share them here?
Sure, there are people who are weary of links and for good reason but online I've learned real quick that you can't please everyone. I've gotten so much positive feedback from people on this site telling me that they love my videos, telling me that they look forward to the next video and so on...
If you feel that my posting of videos is devaluing this place then I'll stop posting them.

I enjoy filming. I enjoy editing. I enjoy dragging my kids all over the countryside looking for relics. And until now, there didn't seem to be anyone bothered by me offering an opportunity for them to tag along.

I think the videos are great. If I had the equipment to do it my YouTube channel would be full. Being a fellow civil war detectorist I see the passion you have for it as I did 22 years ago. Keep it up and you my friend will score big.
 
Now that I saw you subscribe to Tom Woods' channel, I subbed yours. I'll check some out tonight. Minarchists unite!!
 
I think the videos are great. If I had the equipment to do it my YouTube channel would be full. Being a fellow civil war detectorist I see the passion you have for it as I did 22 years ago. Keep it up and you my friend will score big.
Thanks so much that means a lot.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
seeing that sign you posted and hearing hundreds of katydids & all that humidly ...... I knew you were GA....Got to love the south. :notworthy:

Tom
NC
 
Now that I saw you subscribe to Tom Woods' channel, I subbed yours. I'll check some out tonight. Minarchists unite!!
I'm just as passionate with my libertarian philosophy as I am detecting. Nice to see a fellow contrarian here.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
seeing that sign you posted and hearing hundreds of katydids & all that humidly ...... I knew you were GA....Got to love the south. :notworthy:

Tom
NC
As imperfect as it is, it is home. Don't think I could ever leave this sweltering, sweaty, red clay state.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
I see that you are from NC.
My favorite book takes place there.
Charles Frazier's masterpiece Cold Mountain.
Each page of that book is a work of art.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
As imperfect as it is, it is home. Don't think I could ever leave this sweltering, sweaty, red clay state.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour

My grandfather you to say the weather in the south is humbug weather: Humidity & Bugs
Hey look at this knot, is this the one you tied on your youtube clip ?
IMG_1367.webp
 
My grandfather you to say the weather in the south is humbug weather: Humidity & Bugs
Hey look at this knot, is this the one you tied on your youtube clip ?
View attachment 1351614
I believe it is. The palamer knot?

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom