JSM1986
Jr. Member
The area was super thick, and very difficult to detect but i managed to pull out a bunch of goodies in some of the clearer areas. One of the first non iron hits i got was an iffy one, but I decided to dig anyway because it was overloading. I'm glad i did because out popped an .56 caliber octagon musket barrel(the last three inches is a normal cylinder shape), and its 19 inches over all. I'm running it through electrolysis right now to see if i can find some type of makers mark and i cant tell if there was any rifling. I also found a brass piece with it. My adrenaline was pumping! I continued to search the area and found two garden hoes, a matron head large cent(date unreadable), Two buckles, Silver plated buckle piece(i think), a stirrup, a harmonica reed, a toe plate, and some unknown pieces. Can anyone help me identify any of these items,especially the rifle barrel? Thanks!
Attachments
-
20160403_234337.webp378.1 KB · Views: 112 -
20160403_234327.webp212.8 KB · Views: 109 -
20160403_230728.webp463.1 KB · Views: 111 -
20160403_230714.webp419.6 KB · Views: 117 -
20160403_230500.webp222 KB · Views: 110 -
20160403_230313.webp241.8 KB · Views: 121 -
20160403_230620.webp612.1 KB · Views: 122 -
20160403_230742.webp388.8 KB · Views: 121 -
20160403_230955.webp500.4 KB · Views: 119 -
20160403_231044.webp301.1 KB · Views: 121 -
20160403_231242.webp562.8 KB · Views: 115 -
20160403_231648.webp662.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Upvote
4







