My current stable of instruments...

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since there have been no recent posts I thought I'd go ahead and start a conversation. There are lots of exciting things going on musically these days. Lots of great guitars coming out of Fender factories. Gibson and Epiphone have collaborated on some great Les Paul and SG guitars at excellent prices, Martin revamped the Road Series with some fantastic playing and sounding guitars for working musicians.

The Les Paul is a Gibson/Epiphone collaboration. It features AAA rated maple top overlay, solid mahogany body below, vintage tuners, Gibson BurstBucker pickups, Gibson wiring. It is a re-issue of the 1959 Les Paul standard burst (made famous by Eric Claptop on John Mayall's Blues Breakers Beano Album). The Martin acoustic/electric is the D10E with satin finish. It's all solid wood construction and the neck is solid mahogany. Plays great, sounds great. The other acoustic is the Seagull Entourage Autumn Burst, wild cherry back and sides, Sitka spruce top. The Fender Telecaster is the new Player Plus "smoke" finish. It is one of the Mexican-made Fenders. The USA counterpart is the Ultra series for a grand more. The pan flute is a solid maple instrument I just threw in for kicks. It is an hauntingly beautiful sounding instrument. I also have several ukuleles in my collection. The amp pictured is the Fender Champion with two twelve inch speakers (100 watts). I also have the Fishman Loudbox Mini 60 watt acoustic amp.

Attachments

• lespaul_1959_reissue.jpg
    lespaul_1959_reissue.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 12
  • martin_D10E_sm.jpg
    martin_D10E_sm.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 14
  • mickey_seagull001sm.jpg
    mickey_seagull001sm.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 13
  • tele_plus_small.jpg
    tele_plus_small.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 12
  • tenor_pan_flute1sm.jpg
    tenor_pan_flute1sm.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 11

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Very nice. I play several instruments, but currently only have a few harmonicas. I have an electric guitar, but do not play. I’ve been scouting around for a good, used trombone. Decades ago they were available every year. Kids would start band, mom & dad would buy instrument, kid would quit; good used instruments for sale. Now most people start out renting. When Junior quits, the instruments go back in stock for next year.

OP
OP
MickeyMaguire

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice. I play several instruments, but currently only have a few harmonicas. I have an electric guitar, but do not play. I’ve been scouting around for a good, used trombone. Decades ago they were available every year. Kids would start band, mom & dad would buy instrument, kid would quit; good used instruments for sale. Now most people start out renting. When Junior quits, the instruments go back in stock for next year.
The store chain Music & Arts sells used instruments that were used by school students. They might have some good deals. They are owned by the parent company of Guitar Center and Musician's Friend.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
The store chain Music & Arts sells used instruments that were used by school students. They might have some good deals. They are owned by the parent company of Guitar Center and Musician's Friend.
I’m not familiar with them, but will look them up. Thanks for the tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread