Silver Searcher
Gold Member

Although I have found Gold Coins, and Gold Rings both Ancient
this has to be without doubt the Best and proberbly the Rarest thing I have ever found
...late Anglo-Saxon to Medieval.Descussion Re Dating
The key is a decorated type1, type one is a pre conquest key, which continued into the Middle Ages....Archaeological dated specimans are Rare, but a number of the more elaberated specimens can proberbly assigned to the 11th or 12th Century, and it may be doubted weather in this country, at any rate, they were current much earlier.
However, generally similar keys, wich would also fall in the Type1 Classifacation, are dated between the 8th and 10th Century, and at the outher extreme, the closest parrallel traced, is dated 12-13th Century. The ptentional date range is therefore very large, at least spaning the date range 9th-12th Century.
Attachments
Upvote
0
What did it open? Any idea? Was it for a door, or a gate, or a chest? A beautiful artifact, 4 sure. 

I've not got hardly no Money but to have things that others don't is a good feeling for me.Thats why I'm affaid to sell anything that I don't think I'll ever find again the bad feeling after the sell is what I'm affaid of.But I guess if the price is right I could be bargined with.
I'd much rather find two of something before I go thinking about selling one.Anyway I think like this I had no money when I found it so selling it is not going to change much as money burns wholes in my pockets and someone is always there to help out with that.
.... and do not worry I had to sell almost all the gold jewelry found in the summer. 






