What's new

My finds over the last two weekends and I need some help identifying a couple items.

Mkburnett

Greenie
Joined
Jul 10, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All fossils found within a few feet of each other in cretaceous era limestone. I recognize the ammonites, brachiopods, shells, and echinoid. However there are a couple items I am curious about. Do the two smoothed rocks (the black one in the first picture and the light one in the fourth) appear to be gastroliths to y'all? As for the bottom two fossils, what do you see? I see a scalish structure but am unsure of what it is. What do you think the last fossil is? A bit of reef maybe?

20180805_201109.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20180805_200654.webp
    20180805_200654.webp
    969.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 20180804_145104.webp
    20180804_145104.webp
    466.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20180728_195855.webp
    20180728_195855.webp
    127.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180805_201157.webp
    20180805_201157.webp
    440.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180805_201231.webp
    20180805_201231.webp
    373.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Last photo...parasmilia coral. Nice finds. Nice ammonites.
 
Thank you! Yep that's definitely it.
 
Nice Finds! :icon_thumright:

Your item in the third from last photo does look very much like a gastrolith.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom