What's new

My first 8 Reale found today 1844

Oldrvrrat57

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
981
Reaction score
6,376
Golden Thread
1
Location
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been hunting this site for over 10 years and can not believe that I missed this large piece of silver! It came up as a 91 on the D2 thinking this has to be a seated dime, over the years I've pulled largies and indians out of here but never a silver. It is encrusted with what seems like concrete, any sug
1000010109.webp
1000010112.webp
1000010110.webp
gestions on a cleaning method. Tried electrolysis seemed to help a little,but still pretty crusty. Thanks for looking!
1000010106.webp
 
Upvote 6
Congrats on a rare and fantastic find - Banner all the way ! :hello2:

It's entirely up to you but ...
I've gotten very good results cleaning badly stained Silver Coins in a homemade "Electrolysis Bath".
If you don't already have one they are very easy to built and also very inexpensive - see how to videos on YouTube.
Some people also like to use "Ultra Sonic" cleaners.
These are both much safer ways to clean Silver then any of the abrasive ways.

Good Luck !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom