What's new

My first Barber!

ringking76

Full Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
182
Reaction score
111
Golden Thread
0
Location
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been MD for over 4 yrs and found some great coins and relics and Saturday I dug this Barber up. It's not my oldest coin but it's my oldest silver.I found it in a city that's only about 70 yrs old so I was surprised to get it.
It's rough but it's a beauty.
 

Attachments

  • 1446460543648.webp
    1446460543648.webp
    148 KB · Views: 120
  • 1446460568060.webp
    1446460568060.webp
    109.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 28
That's cool was something there before the city(nice coin)
 
No it was part of the Manhattan Project
 
Nice Barber, cool dig. They are scarce in my area.
 
Congrats on the first ..nice find ..love those barbers cant get enough of them..
 
Neat first Barber! :icon_flower::blob9::icon_flower:

This also is my 4th detecting year. My extremely worn fave coin dug last month is an 1888 V nickel dug close to the surface in high-ground beach area I'd detected many times before. Finally I'd broken into the 1800's, lol. Also confirmed my research that certain areas of beaches here have a few "oldies" emerging during months which have alternating extreme high & extreme low tides.

Have Fun! :icon_thumright: Andi
 
Congrats on the barber.
 
Congrats on your first Barber.

My very first silver was a Barber dime. I thought that I would be finding them regularly, little did I know that a year would pass before another one showed up! Best of luck to you in the field!
 
Great find in great shape. His brother is on my bucket list...Brad
 
Nice Barber. Congrats on your first. Remember, the city may have only been 70 yrs. old, but the dirt has been there forever.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom