What's new

MY FIRST HAMMERED COIN FIND!!!!

Jwh

Greenie
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Messages
18
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 + tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thinks it's a James I sixpence but not sure. Either way it's my first hammered coin and hopefully it won't be my last! Over the moon is an understatement! image.webp image.webp
 
Upvote 34
Yep - James I sixpence. Congrats on a great find.
 
Amazing find! 1604 is clearly readable, it looks to be dropped when almost new. Congrats on your first, I hope you find tons more!
 
Yeap, 1604 Sixpence of James I. A pretty good example to start the collection - CONGRATS
 
Hey that's a really nice coin, congrats on your first of many hammered!
 
I want one! lol. Congrats I'd be doing back flips if I found that. It looks really nice from here.
 
JWH you said you got hammered before you found that coin ,sounds like a man with gusto . All jokes aside that is a nice sixpence,vanzutphen
 
Great job. Love the hammered silver
 
Congrats on a first.
Was that the only find from the hunt ?
Don't see many scottish finds ....
 
Awesomeness!!!
 
Great find. Hammered silver must be incredible to hold. Congrats!
 
411 year old coin! Insane to see let alone dig!, congrats, go have a few and get hammered celebrating your hammered! !!

nice work!
 
CONGRATS on your first Hammered Coin, Here is to many more for you :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the first Hammy. May many more follow.
 
Congrats on a super nice find! Hopefully you will find many more hammered coins!


Frank
 
Congrats on your first hammered silver, may it be a short span of time till you dig the next one.
 
Really nice find! Hammered silver has to be my favorite type of silver coin to find! Nice!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom