What's new

My First Ink Well

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for an hour this morning and found my first ink well. Found in the river just below the silt. Couple others as well.
 

Attachments

  • 15 April 2011 007.webp
    15 April 2011 007.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 276
Nice clear cone ink, medicine and what appears to be a vaseline jar. Keep it going. The cone is quite old. :thumbsup: jgas
 
jgas said:
Nice clear cone ink, medicine and what appears to be a vaseline jar. Keep it going. The cone is quite old. :thumbsup: jgas
The clear cone is pretty common tho..correct?
 
Yea Creeper, the clear ones are really common. I like the amber and green ones. I wish I had a picture of the boot ink that my buddy dug the other day. Its also clear but its in the shape of a boot. Strange find but cool. :thumbsup: jgas
 
Can this be more accurately dated by the embossing on the bottom?
 

Attachments

  • 15 April 2011 010.webp
    15 April 2011 010.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 237
Well I would say 1890's to early 1900's. Some Carters have embossing with 1897 on base or earlier. So somewhere in that range is going to be all I can say. Still quite old and another look in tha same area where you found this one would be in order for sure. :thumbsup: jgas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom