My first minelab... anything.... Starter settings Suggestions welcome!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just showed up at my door yesterday after playing door tag game with the fed ex guy since Saturday! Just had enough time after work last night to put it together but that's about it.

So, for starter setting. I was thinking park 2, iron bias set to 2, sense backed off a little and 5 tones. Any insight from the equinox users I'm all ears! Can't wait to give it a spin!

20180327_213227.jpg

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your previous machine was 3 tones, you might want to adjust the tone pitch and break to match your old machine as a custom profile, running only 3 tones.

It will make things a lot easier on your ears. Use some test targets to get it as close as possible.

Always noise cancel first with sensitivity turned down a bit.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your previous machine was 3 tones, you might want to adjust the tone pitch and break to match your old machine as a custom profile, running only 3 tones.

It will make things a lot easier on your ears. Use some test targets to get it as close as possible.

Always noise cancel first with sensitivity turned down a bit.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the tips! I usually ran my f75 in 2 tones. Only since I'd almost always hit old fields or homesites and dig aby thing above iron.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh aaaa....equinox....try field # 1

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for the tips! I usually ran my f75 in 2 tones. Only since I'd almost always hit old fields or homesites and dig aby thing above iron.

Then set it up that way! This is the one feature I thought I'd never use but absolutely love.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread