What's new

My latest finds, INCLUDING A SHAVED SILVER - by hodge

hodge

Full Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
168
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Buckley, Flintshire, North Wales.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a very cold morning, during which we were limited to about 3 hours detecting due to the temperature & biting wind.
Only managed 5 coin finds, and several buckles etc. I'm pleased to say that I managed to get my first halfcrown of the year, a George V dated 1929. So at least I achieved something for the morning! The other coins were Pennies of Victoria (date worn off!), Edward VII 1907, George V 1914 and a Halfpenny of George III 1806...
Unfortunatly I managed to 'shave' George V on the halfcrown, at the time I thought 'bugger', (or something very similar)... But its a halfcrown for the year anyway!!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4591.webp
    DSCF4591.webp
    359.8 KB · Views: 704
  • DSCF4590.webp
    DSCF4590.webp
    364 KB · Views: 694
  • DSCF4591.webp
    DSCF4591.webp
    359.8 KB · Views: 693
  • DSCF4590.webp
    DSCF4590.webp
    364 KB · Views: 697
Upvote 0
Ouch!!

Must be nice to still have some land to search :'( :icon_thumleft:
 
As I replied on my post, a halfcrown is a rare find in the fields. I've had 88 hammered this year but only 1 halfcrown that I can remember. :icon_thumright:
 
I think George is bleeding.....and crying. :laughing7: But, he's happy to see the light of day, after all these years in the deep.
Good hunt. Nice to find a "rare" found coin. I get some like that, too. Very common, looking at the price book. But, don't
see many of them popping out of the ground. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom