bufaloeletric
Full Member
- #1
Thread Owner
here is the before during and after pics of a penny ive been working on. notice how the Lincoln's facial features seem to be lost but some parts, such as the word God, are more clearly defined. i started with a scrubbing by toothbrush and tap water, the results are shown in the first photo, after soaking in a citric acid solution till the natural patina was removed you can see some pitting revealed and pinkish color of the stripped down coin. the last picture shows the artificial patina which i attempted to apply. im open to any suggestions on how i could improve any of these steps.








I wont make that mistake again , Now I either "dry clean,with a brush" ,brush with soap & water. & lately after the soap & water I soak wheats in mineral oil for a couple days to a week then scrub again ,this seems to work pretty well . p.s. I got the mineral oil trick from another poster .In my opinion it works better than olive oil & its cheaper. good luck






