What's new

My skunk streak is over

cmhoose

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
250
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I had a skunk streak of 9 boxes going and just took most of last week off from the hunt. I had to take a little break. Finally, today's two boxes both produced some nice silver. One box was a CWI and the other a Brinks. A nice variety of silver including Walker, Benjamin, and Kennedy, both 90 and 40. This month has been a slow one. I'm just happy to have something to share with everyone after a long drought.

The break down and a few pics:

1944 Walker
1952-D, 1961-D, 1963-D Franklins (a couple of really nice ones)
1964 X 2 (1 AU)
1967 x 4, 1968-D x 6, 1969-D
A chromed, counterstrike (1960-1980) half
 

Attachments

  • Coins 04-15-09 002.webp
    Coins 04-15-09 002.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Coins 04-15-09 003.webp
    Coins 04-15-09 003.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
That's more than you have found on your last two road trips!
 
Ashdowney said:
That's more than you have found on your last two road trips!

I know! And it only took an hour to search and a quarter of a gallon of gas to get. lol
 
I would take that any day. Good finds.

Golden Silver
 
had a skunk streak of 9 boxes going and just took most of last week off from the hunt
only 9 boxes? some here had streaks almost to 50 boxes, i'm sure they would trade places with you in a heartbeat.
congrats on the finds, glad your finding something....can we see a closeup of the counterstrike?
 
mistergee said:
had a skunk streak of 9 boxes going and just took most of last week off from the hunt
only 9 boxes? some here had streaks almost to 50 boxes, i'm sure they would trade places with you in a heartbeat.
congrats on the finds, glad your finding something....can we see a closeup of the counterstrike?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I'm just starting one! Glad for you. Good Finds!
 
mistergee said:
had a skunk streak of 9 boxes going and just took most of last week off from the hunt
only 9 boxes? some here had streaks almost to 50 boxes, i'm sure they would trade places with you in a heartbeat.
congrats on the finds, glad your finding something....can we see a closeup of the counterstrike?

I only do 2 or 3 boxes a week. I prefer loose and handrolled now. And with taking a week off, that put me over a month without finding any silver in boxes. A month without silver felt like a year! I even told dandow20 I was considering taking a crhing vacation, stick to currency for a while. But this small score will keep me in the hunt for a while longer. Here is the pic you requested.
 

Attachments

  • Coins 04-15-09 010.webp
    Coins 04-15-09 010.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 217
counterstrike
 

Attachments

  • overdate2.webp
    overdate2.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 217
  • overdate13.webp
    overdate13.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 217
  • overdate.webp
    overdate.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 198
  • overdate2.webp
    overdate2.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 195
  • overdate13.webp
    overdate13.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 209
  • overdate.webp
    overdate.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 196
Nice top pic, coinmojo. I was having a tough time getting the right angle with the light on mine. It is a 1960-1980. You have a nice collection of them. I have only kept a couple of mine, most I just throw back now.
 
i have seen many counterpunched pennies but these are the first halves i have seen......thanks for the pics guys :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom