my turn

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
WOW. I'm sure you aren't going to like to hear this, but If I were the seller I would be contacting eBay, blocking you from any future business, and ranting about the ridiculous buyer who asked me to change the terms of the auction after the fact. Surprising to hear from an experienced eBay user.
^^^^^ This is what I think as well. I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 1999 and speak from experience. ALWAYS look at the bottom line, purchase price as well as shipping cost prior to bidding and then decide if the total "to your door" price is what you're willing to pay. People often manipulate how they figure the shipping costs as part of their selling strategy. For example if I sell a $20 item with a buy it now price of $1 but a shipping cost of $19.99 am I ripping anyone off ? You also don't have a clue what his shipping methods are. Maybe he's got a grandchild, friend, whoever that he pays a couple bucks each to do the packing and adds that on to his shipping expense. What the extra charge is for though is not the issue. The issue is that you knew about it upfront and bid anyway

Last edited:

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know why anyone would be upset at any seller's shipping cost. As a buyer what you pay is price PLUS shipping. That is what ebay bases their Final Value fee on. You can sort ebay listings on Price + Shipping. I don't give a rip what a seller charges for shipping. I'm only concerned with how much I have to pay. If I don't like what I have to pay, I don't buy. I'm in the camp of those who would block a buyer if they came in after-the-fact and asked for a cost reduction.

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you be ok if you bought an item with free shipping, then the seller asked you to pay the actual shipping costs after you won the bid?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread