My Vanquish 540 Pro Pack finalaly arrived!

Iggy_AZ

Sep 26, 2020
Phoenix Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Minelab SD2200V2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Vanquish 540 Pro Pack finally arrived!

Finally!

Well I charged the batteries a bit while unpacking and putting it all together.
I'm totally blown away on how light it is compared to other detectors I have had.
The V12 is still sitting in the box and installed the V8 which also is small like a Snipping Coil.
Downloaded the Minelab Utility software on my Windows10 PC and started the program.
It told me to plug in the detector and said I'm up to date with software 1.6.1
Not sure if that also is considered firmware or not as I was told only up to v1.1.Hummmmmm????????

Anyway took it out in the yard and set it for coin mode and tuned down the sensitivity to about 12 Noon on the scale which I think is 2 or 3 down from maximum.
I walked my front and backyard which is 100% rocks and no grass and found and locked on a strong 28 signal 3 inches down. Found a quarter.
The rest of the yead was silent even though I know it has lots of nails and junk from when the house was build.
So far I love how silent it runs and even carried some change in my pocket to insure it was still working. lol.

Tomorrow I hit the local park and playground and will report back.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with your new Vanquish!!!!:icon_thumright:

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure to research the iron bias settings for iron infested sites. Low iron bias will cause you to dig more big iron chunks, but might also alert you to partially co-mingled or masked targets. High iron bias (default) can sometimes pass over these targets. High iron bias can also cause you to miss cool iron relics like axe heads. The new firmware update also lets you adjust your iron volume so it isn't as loud as the non ferrous targets when using all metal. I have found it is better to run in all metal (horseshoe button disengaged) with the iron volume down low. The detector can actually null out the chirp of a non ferrous target next to iron because the tone is clipped with the horseshoe button engaged. It has something to do with the way the digital sounds are reported while discriminating iron. I would definitely get used to the stock settings first before overloading your brain :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread