What's new

mystery relic

cellerfeller

Full Member
Joined
May 15, 2019
Messages
118
Reaction score
288
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was dug from the same cellar that produced the King George II 1747 coin. No idea what it is - it is in the shape of a spade point. I have seen very old shovels with metal attached to the bottom but not in this shape. It is 7" across and has 7 hand forged rivets. Any ideas would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    634.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    211.3 KB · Views: 110
Hmm, maybe part of a horse/ox harness. I dunno, cool whatever it is
 
Upvote 0
I think that may be part of either a pommel or cantle brace from an old horse saddle.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom