What's new

Mystery Ring: thick/dense, looks like silver, but....

METALMANRICH

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have a question about an interesting silver-colored ring I found over on the beach several years ago.
Used my White's DFX and the ring rang up with a VDI number in the mid-50's range. The ring is quite thick, and very dense/heavy, as would be platinum, but the ring's VDI number doesn't correspond with platinum.
There is a 'wave' projecting outward on the ring's surface for about 1/3 of the surface area, with the inscription 'Oneness' inside. I normally wouldn't be so puzzled about this particular ring except for the fact that it seems so much heavier than silver, and being thick as it is -- it makes me wonder. Opinions from different jewelers have varied, but the VDI number is my best piece of reliable data so far. Any input from you White's productline experts (and others too!) will be appreciated.
 
A picture would probably help, otherwise we would just be making guesses. However, rings are being made in other metals as well, such as tungsten, titanium, and various other blends.

As to the "oneness", I came across a few ring sites that mention Celtic ring designs and their meanings, one design that includes Oneness (or it may just be a wedding endearment inscribed on the ring, who knows?)
 
Upvote 0
Here is the Ring Rich....
Posted for Metalmanrich.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2888.webp
    IMG_2888.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom