What's new

Neat pic

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
1,504
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Deus II/HF2, Manticore, E-Trac, Excalibur II, V3i, Pro-Find 40, Vibra-Probe 585, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

  • potw1020a.webp
    potw1020a.webp
    237.9 KB · Views: 232
Makes ya think..."Just what is it all about?"
Fascinates me.Always liked the "Eye of God" pic myself:


theeyeofgod.jpg



..Opps,forgot i minimized it to use as an avatar a few years ago lol. You get the idea though right? :)
 
Dano Sverige said:
Makes ya think..."Just what is it all about?"
Fascinates me.Always liked the "Eye of God" pic myself:


theeyeofgod.jpg



..Opps,forgot i minimized it to use as an avatar a few years ago lol. You get the idea though right? :)

I must have it bad! I see a gold ring with a blue topaz & diamond setting. :help: :laughing7:
 
that's alright bigscoop i saw the samething!!!!
 
Beep, what is that large structure in the photo? Not the shiny star. The swirl to its left. I'm not much for seeing god stuff.

OT
 
Old Town said:
Beep, what is that large structure in the photo? Not the shiny star. The swirl to its left. I'm not much for seeing god stuff.

OT

Hi OT. The spiral is the subject of the photo, although there are a lot of interesting details otherwise. The link describes the spiral as a type of period-based formation generated over time by the orbit of two stars...the most perfect spiral we've encountered.

(it might be dark on some monitors...you could try turning up the brightness)
 
Beep, I dig these cosmos photos. Half the junk I've got no idea what I'm looking at but it's the distances involved that startles me.

I once met a homeless man named Mozart who had been a teacher of physics at a school in Iowa. He came to Key West after some trauma and lived on the streets. He was the first person I ever heard speak of dark energy and dark matter. It was a new concept to me at the time. I'd sit with him in the dark and look at the stars. He explained a lot of such concepts to me, but not why he ended up a bum in Key West.


Old Town
 
That's cool. I ended up in the Keys because I wanted to get as far away as possible from everyone I knew...maybe he was doing the same.
 
The Beep Goes On said:
That's cool. I ended up in the Keys because I wanted to get as far away as possible from everyone I knew...maybe he was doing the same.

This is a common theme. People either go to Alaska, the high desert, or here. All pretty good places to sort through your head's back alleys.

OT
 
Old Town said:
The Beep Goes On said:
That's cool. I ended up in the Keys because I wanted to get as far away as possible from everyone I knew...maybe he was doing the same.

This is a common theme. People either go to Alaska, the high desert, or here. All pretty good places to sort through your head's back alleys.

OT

Yeah, I met many similar folks. My only regret is that I did not detect back then. :angry9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom