What's new

Need advice on PINPOINTERS

Nutriasub

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
932
Reaction score
148
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
I have read several posts on this matter, but the latest I could find was from spring of 2010.

It's still the Garret Pro the best on that price range?

is it better than the Pistol Probe?

Thanks a lot for the input

Cheers
 
The Garrett is my choice...the pistol will go deeper, but the garrett is MUCH smaller & sturdier....I even use mine to dig around with in the soil. I wasnt sure about spending the $$$ for a pinpointer, but I have cut at least 75% off my recovery time.
Brad
 
It's one of those situations where you really get what you pay for.
I understand BOTH are excellent pin-pointers.
I heard the Pistol probe is a little better, but can interfere with other detector
frequencies. I have not verified that.
I have Garrett Pro-pointer and LOVE it!
I have about 30 peripheral tools to go with my detector, but
now I have narrowed it down to just two that I use:
1. The Lesche digging tool, and
2. The Garrett Pro-pointer.

Great results with these, and the pointers cut down on retrieval time by about
70%.
 
I own both. Most times i find myself grabbing the garrett when i leave the house. Or let my wife or daughters b/f use the pistol probe.
 
I have used them both, and I sell them both. Both are good, but The DetectorPro Pistol Probe rides shotgun with me on my trips. :wink:

The only downfall about it is that it is powerful, and sometimes interferes with my etrac. I really like the longer nose on the Pistol probe VS. The Garret so you don't have to get right down in the hole.

I hope this helps.


Mike
 
Love the depth range of the pistol probe. It's saved me a lot of time and effort on those deeper targets.
 
I'll second that!

For instance, today I had some friends over to help recover prizes donated from T-netters to use in our new pit in VA. I had planted so many coins and relics in the pit, I was literally using the detector Pro pin pointer as my metal detector!!! They could not believe how deep some of the coins were I was picking from the sand. :D

It was fun
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom