What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need help dating a pair of brass candlesticks.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,207
Reaction score
8,028
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting ready to have a yard sale and wanted to know a date range for this brass candlestick. The pair weigh 5 pounds, so the melt value would be around $20 or so. I'd prefer not to do that, but don't want to give them away. Give me your opinions before I sell them for a song or scrap them!
 

Attachments

  • D8736108-79A9-4D12-BD28-A515D06F9F0D.webp
    D8736108-79A9-4D12-BD28-A515D06F9F0D.webp
    676.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 507CA1A9-880B-4C86-862C-E4D9F5B37119.webp
    507CA1A9-880B-4C86-862C-E4D9F5B37119.webp
    594.7 KB · Views: 60
The photo of the bottom makes me wonder whether they are brass plated over cheaper metal.
I've seen Brass plated zinc die cast often.
Also the threaded steel rod has to be removed.
Scrap prices are crazy high right now.
Yellow brass is $4.60 a pound.
If it's zinc try to sell it, because the price for zinc is 10% of what brass is.
 
Upvote 0
Definitely solid brass. I sandpapered the bottom edge and it's all brass. The candlesticks are 11" tall.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom