What's new

Need help identifying padlock

joshuajbelanger

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
89
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tampa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre
I found this in a construction site in downtown tampa...this site has also produced coins and relics from the mid-1800's-1940's, please help identify, there are no markings anywhere on the lock.

THANKS!

btw, old railroad (csx) switch lock. Thanks to the csx crew who helped me!
 

Attachments

  • lock.webp
    lock.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 213
Is it brass? Looks like an old lever lock, but have no idea who made it. Any markings on the hasp itself?
 
Upvote 0
See if you can find a makers mark anywhere . And give us a photo of the other side. Might look the same but who knows. Some on here are very good at finding the maker of the locks .
 
Upvote 0
Yeah it appears to be brass, it's about 2 1/2 in x 1 1/2 inches, I can't make out any markings whatsoever, the reverse is exactly the same only with the keyhole missing from the inner circle
 
Upvote 0
I'll post better pics when I get home from work in about 10 hours
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom