What's new

Need help IDing a makers mark off a flat button found earlier this year.

tomjiggy

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2010
Messages
323
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
A friend and I hooked up back in October and went to some private property south of Charleston where there had been a few colonial houses. I found a flat button with a makers mark that reads PICARIA&MANZANEDO*NEW YORK. I've been reading threads from the button experts on treasurenet, and even tried to GOOGLE this, and haven't come across a link or referrence to this maker yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
tomjiggy said:
A friend and I hooked up back in October and went to some private property south of Charleston where there had been a few colonial houses. I found a flat button with a makers mark that reads PICARIA&MANZANEDO*NEW YORK. I've been reading threads from the button experts on treasurenet, and even tried to GOOGLE this, and haven't come across a link or referrence to this maker yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are you sure it isn't Picabia & Manzanedo ?
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2011-12-27 at 2.10.18 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2011-12-27 at 2.10.18 PM.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 602
Upvote 0
That looks to be the one, lettering is so small on the flat button...lol. Can you tell me the approximate date and worth please. Nice ID creskol :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
tomjiggy said:
That looks to be the one, lettering is so small on the flat button...lol. Can you tell me the approximate date and worth please. Nice ID creskol :icon_thumleft:

From what I can gather they were Cuban Military buttons, made in New York, and were in use during the Cuban War of Independence (1895–1898).
 
Upvote 0
Musta been some Soldiers living in that house for a very long time. Buttons found on that property are as follows: 1 pre-civil war era flat button with Heraldic Eagle, several civil war buttons to include an confederate infantry block "I" and block "A", as well as a script "I", this Cuban War of Independance button, and a Spanish-Amercan War button. Any idea on what this ones worth?
 
Upvote 0
tomjiggy said:
Musta been some Soldiers living in that house for a very long time. Buttons found on that property are as follows: 1 pre-civil war era flat button with Heraldic Eagle, several civil war buttons to include an confederate infantry block "I" and block "A", as well as a script "I", this Cuban War of Independance button, and a Spanish-Amercan War button. Any idea on what this ones worth?

No, sorry .. I don't know what the value is.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom