What's new

Need help on value 1953-c two dollar bills?

dasherhunting

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
495
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Already put this in paper section but went to get my coin fix and tried a new bank. No halves got pennies then teller said I may be interested in something they had she went and got a stack of 1953-c two dollar bills with red seal and the serial numbers all in sequence,crisp and unc. cond.. I bought 10 dollars worth and told her Id prolly be back next week and get rest. Ebay had one sell for 15.61 in not as good a shape by far. Just wondering never collected paper. lol dave :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I'll give you a buck-two-ninety-eight each ;D
 
What is the reason behind the red seal? Dave :icon_study:
 
It is hard to find even circulated red seals at banks but finding a whole stack of brand new bills is just insane. Circulated 1953C red seals usually sell for $3 each. Since these are uncirculated they might go for $5 or more each since they are hard to find in brand new condition. Grab them up and offer them all as one lot on eBay. You’d be surprised on what people will pay for these.
 
Coinlover said:
It is hard to find even circulated red seals at banks but finding a whole stack of brand new bills is just insane. Circulated 1953C red seals usually sell for $3 each. Since these are uncirculated they might go for $5 or more each since they are hard to find in brand new condition. Grab them up and offer them all as one lot on eBay. You’d be surprised on what people will pay for these.

That's really low-balling the amount you'd get for those notes. Uncirculated condition 53Cs would probably fetch you $15-20 per note on the Bay. $5 for uncirculated 1953x $2s? I just think they'd go for well over that.
 
Man I would of bought the whole stack!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Oh Im going back next week to grab em lol. wanted to research some before I did hopefully the teller wasnt passing these on to anybody else hate to break up the serial number sequence. i have five that are all in sequence. Dave :coffee2:
 
I hope you are able to get them so they will all be in sequence. They should do very well on ebay if you decide to sell them. I really don't see what there was to research, you were getting them for face value. :icon_scratch: When in doubt, buy them all! :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom