KRILL

Greenie
Aug 6, 2014
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a new TESORO SAND SHARK and went to the beach yesterday with it. I only hunted the water for about 3 hours. Sometimes the threshold surges up and down even when the detector is not moving. I was still able to find targets but could not find a way to stop the threshold from surging. I tried the normal and vco mode and adjusting the pulse and threshold settings. This was at Galveston beach. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Is your coil cord wrapped nice and snug around the shaft?

When you were getting the surging noises, was the control box exposed to waves washing over it, completely submerged or completely out of the water?

OP
OP
K

KRILL

Greenie
Aug 6, 2014
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes the coil is wrapped and secure to the shaft. I was only in knee deep water mostly. The control box was out of the water. When it was surging it was a constant rhythm of up and down not related to incoming waves.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Odd then, was there something electrical nearby? Big antenna, power lines sort of thing? I know you were on a beach, but sometimes you can still get interference.

No other detectors nearby-

I'll have to step aside as other smarter people step in. I've not experienced that with my Sand Shark.

OP
OP
K

KRILL

Greenie
Aug 6, 2014
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no power lines cell towers ect close by, and no other detectors on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread