Need help with this odd brass piece

Nathan6309

May 15, 2018
Botetourt County, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Macro Siplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local creek with my friend today and stumbled across this find. It looks to be a thin, crude, brass object with a small Rivet at one corner. Unfortunately the other end broke off long ago so I have no idea what the other side may have looked like. I originally guessed it to be a busted sheet of brass and nothing more, but the uniformity of the shape and edges leads me to believe this was intentionally made this way and could be a decorative item. Other than this, I am at a complete loss for what this may have been. Anybody have any ideas?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maye a piece of a folding knife?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Western-partsofpocketknife.jpg
    Western-partsofpocketknife.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nathan6309

Nathan6309

May 15, 2018
Botetourt County, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Macro Siplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It definitely looks similar to a pocket knife piece, but it seems a little large to be that. This was found where a large collection of 1920s relics came from, so it could be from around that time frame. I knew this piece would definitely be a long shot for determining an exact ID, but thought I’d post it anyway to see what the folks on here could come up with.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread