What's new

Need help with this old spoon

LNGIV

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
633
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Ace 400
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this metal detecting. Only maker mark is an X on it. I have looked on line and hust cant find any info. Gave it to the land owner as it may have been one of his family members. House has been in his family almost 200 yrs. so any info would be spectacular
 

Attachments

  • FF806305-2829-4AF1-A532-97037224EE83.webp
    FF806305-2829-4AF1-A532-97037224EE83.webp
    459.8 KB · Views: 121
  • DF53BBB7-D389-4A1D-A988-C3FA1448CDE3.webp
    DF53BBB7-D389-4A1D-A988-C3FA1448CDE3.webp
    513.5 KB · Views: 73
  • E1F02190-2365-4758-A580-BE01BBEBFFFF.webp
    E1F02190-2365-4758-A580-BE01BBEBFFFF.webp
    435.7 KB · Views: 69
Nice find and nice gesture. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Nice find!! I was looking to see if there was a stamp or a carving on the back that identified the maker but I cant make one out. Sorry
 
Upvote 0
Looks late 19th to early 20th century to me.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find!! I was looking to see if there was a stamp or a carving on the back that identified the maker but I cant make one out. Sorry

Yeah only marking or stamp on it is the X on back sideof handle
 
Upvote 0
I would agree with tamrock, it's probably from 1870-1930.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom