What's new

Need help with vase

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help with information or age to this vase. It is metal over glass
 

Attachments

  • 4C5FAD50-127A-44FA-B7E0-A2461186443A.webp
    4C5FAD50-127A-44FA-B7E0-A2461186443A.webp
    215.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 5668DCC2-45A3-4E37-9E9F-26E1105E70A1.webp
    5668DCC2-45A3-4E37-9E9F-26E1105E70A1.webp
    345.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 5D15D912-BB57-483F-8DA3-D61AE10095EA.webp
    5D15D912-BB57-483F-8DA3-D61AE10095EA.webp
    307.8 KB · Views: 94
  • CFB62968-80C3-4220-A536-8F35A43CCAE4.webp
    CFB62968-80C3-4220-A536-8F35A43CCAE4.webp
    297.9 KB · Views: 88
I don't know what to think of it. No particular cultural symbols or design styles. Very carefree workmanship. Looks like a one-off. I see green patina/corrosion. Is it silver plated brass? I think the maker blew the glass into the already made metal piece.
 
Upvote 0
I think it’s copper with a silver wash
 
Upvote 0
Made in India, James. This one had a paper label on the bottom saying so:

India.webp

Yes, the glass will have been blown into the cast, which will be plated base metal or a white metal silver imitation. Probably mid 1900s, post-war.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you redcoat as always
 
Upvote 0
Nice piece, unfortunately no makers mark. You could browse ebay till you find something similar and learn more about it.
 
Upvote 0
Paper label. Vintage. Made in India for export sale as home decor in the West.

India2.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom