What's new

need some advise Gem stones

creeper71

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
2,936
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central PA
I have alot of rough gem stones... rubys, saphirres, ect ...an peterfied wood... I need to know if anyone one here knows how to price this stuff...everything is rough... also would the gems be worth more money if I tumbled them??? or should I leave them alone??? thanks for your help!!!
 
Personally I have sold both.. some folks prefer au natural while others prefer shiny polished..so I would try selling rough first and see how it goes..
 
Upvote 0
The more clear a rough gemstone is, the more value it will have. Sometimes rough is the best for displaying. Tumble polishing does not add value if faceting will be more appropriate. A well cut stone is always in more demand than a rough stone tumbled. That equates to more value.

TimC
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom