What's new

Need some info for trip to Tennessee.

craigsaaron

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Youngsville, LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Planning a trip this summer to go from Pidgeon Forge to Cherokee NC. Any suggestions of "Can't miss places"? Sure would be a big help to us. Thanks to all the Tenessee M/D ing folks for your time.
 
Maybe someone from East Tn area will chime in...Hope you find a good spot....

George
 
Craig, I live in East Tn., just this side of the mountains from Cherokee, NC., and to the southwest of Pidgeon Forge, in Monroe county. When you get close to vacation, p.m. me, and I'll see if I can help out! :thumbsup: Regards, Richard
 
Thanks to you skypilot, and dirt digger for you kind reply. It has been awhile since I have been in your area and looking forward to it. How is the dirt fishing in your area? I,m fairly new to the game (15 mo.) but have enjoyed it very much. Have a great day, and Happy Hunting.
 
Craig, We do alright here, every now and then. There was lots of activity in this area from the French and Indian War all the way to the "Civil War". Also, the name for the State of Tennessee is supposed to be taken from the larger Cherokee village of Tanasi, which used to exist in northern Monroe County, a place called Chota, just outside of Vonore, in the small community of Citico. And, too, gold was found on Coker Creek in southern Monroe County, long before the rush of '49. Basically, I suppose I'm trying to say that there's no telling what you may find here. Lots of fun, hopefully! Great hunting and good luck! Regards, Richard
 
"dirt fishing" lol! I fish in the dirt here often and just like craigs aaron said, there is no telling what you'll find around here. Heck, in my mother in laws back yard i have found a cw era gun, bullets, rings, ww2 memorabilia Great state to detect 4 sure!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom