need some info on village and campsites

lady di

Greenie
Jun 8, 2009
canal winchester, ohio
:hello:Hello im new to this forum i hunt in franklin and ross countys Want to know if im on a campsite or a village im finding alot of small flakes but not alot of points finding scrapers and hammerstones also found clay marbles and found a stone bead today. Just not finding alot of points alot of great colors in the flakes. Dont know if its a village or a campsite. Any help would be great.

Upvote 0
Welcome to T-net Lady Di
I am not the one to answer your question but am thinking with all you have found so far its only a matter of time before you find some points. Hammerstones and beads usually mean occupation. No way to know if it was just a seasonal site or permanent. The county and state and type of bead should be your answer though on time frame. Lets see what others think. Good luck.
TnMtns

Let's see some pictures of your finds and we might be able to give you a better assessment of your site. Are you finding a any Pottery or any mussell shell fragments?

Welcome lady di, I'm assuming your in Ohio? I do some hunting in Ross county from time to time. Show us some pics of your finds, we all love pics on here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back