What's new

Need spoon ID for Friends small son

T Hunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
A friend of mines son found this spoon in the middle of a wooded area i think in an old trash pile does anyone have any idea how old it is?? Thanks Mark
 

Attachments

  • MVC-010S.webp
    MVC-010S.webp
    14 KB · Views: 232
  • MVC-011S.webp
    MVC-011S.webp
    23 KB · Views: 243
  • MVC-012S.webp
    MVC-012S.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 242
  • MVC-013S.webp
    MVC-013S.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 236
  • MVC-014S.webp
    MVC-014S.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 239
  • MVC-015S.webp
    MVC-015S.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 236
  • MVC-016S.webp
    MVC-016S.webp
    16 KB · Views: 234
I found two in Ohio same pattern, The big one has been in a fire and i cant make out the marks. The small one has wm rogers a star and A1. I see yours has a different touchmark but I cant make it out in pics. here is pics of mine and a link to what i thought was big one but now that I see marks on yours Im not sure. can you make out marks or get better pic of them.?
 
Upvote 0
T Hunter said:
Thanks for the info i wil keep looking

Well this one is nearly solved. According to the link above, the mark of "Wm. A Rogers" was used as early as 1897, and clear through 1978 with Oneida ownership.

And based on the similar pattern of the other posted spoon from the late 1800s, I would say anywhere from 1897 - early 1900s is accurate.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom