What's new

Never thought I would see...

lookin4coins

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
34
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
a $500 bag of rolls like the one a I bought tonight.

I've been trying CRH for about a month or so now, and have found some silver here and there. Most $500 bags are usually skunks with a few that have produced 1 or 2 90% and a half dozen 40% per bag. Nothing great, but enough to make it fun. With several bad outings, I quit for a few weeks.

I decided to hit a few banks on my way somewhere this afternoon. The first bank had none, the second had 3 rolls at the teller and some more in back. I said I would take the 3 plus $300 more from the vault. She brought back a sealed $500 bag and as she was getting ready to open them, I told her I would save her the hassle and just take the whole thing.... Glad I did.

Keep in mind, I have only found a few coins here and there out of these bags. They are factory rolled coins and a sealed bag. I have never been able to get an actual box of halves.

As she handed it to me I noticed a Walker on end.... I was really excited for that since I have not found one yet. I waited until I got out to the truck to look at the rest of the ends. Silver, silver, silver, silver...etc.

I am not sure what you all consider a dream bag/box, but this sure was one for me.

9 rolls had silver showing on one end. Two of those rolls had silver showing on both ends.

Quickly doing the math on the drive home, I figured if averages hold up... I could end up with about 110 silvers. Knowing it was probably unlikely, but sure was a nice thought.

I gotta say, it was a lot of fun opening rolls and seeing all of those silver rims. Only 3 rolls out of 50 had no silver.

Here are the numbers:

90%... x 45
Walkers - 8
Bens - 22
Kenns - 15

40%... x74
'65 - 1
'66 - 16
'67 - 24
'68 - 24
'69 - 9

Total silver = 119

I debated posting this, but I really enjoy seeing everyone's finds and thought I could return the favor.

picture-4.jpg


picture-5.jpg
 
Upvote 0
that would be dream box alright. :icon_thumleft:
 
Holy Shinny Silver Batman! that is one heck of a haul there! nice bloody work and HH!

Chuck.
 
Thats a dream bag in my book so congrats on the find thats a lot of silver. happy hunting RON
 
That is an awesome find right there. Beats my entire year.
 
Could "some more in back" have possibly meant more than just the one bag? Might want to check on that...

VERY nice haul. Congrats!
 
Congrats on your first dream box.. I have yet to get one on all my years of searching. I've gotten good boxes but no dream boxes.

Nic Pics.. strange to see rolls in a bag.
 
Those type Rolls in my area are delivered by Guarda- I've never gotten more than 5 coins from a Guarda Box myself; diod 4 Boxes last week got One single %40 form them! "Ouch!"
Gonna quit them for couple months after that.
 
...and he SCORES!! :headbang:

Scott
 
:icon_thumright: - That is a dream box in my book. Congrats -

Maine_Jim
 
CongrAGulations, and I love the picture of the roll ends - that would make a great screen saver!
 
Congrats and thanks for posting.

This really elevate our moral during these times when silver looks dry and scare.

I went today to 7 banks that were located on my way back from work and nothing.

There is nothing more exciting that silver showing on rolls.

Congrats again on a great Hunt.

Darth Walker
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom